Over the next 10 years the auto industry will see more dramatic changes than the last 100 years combined. Central to this disruption is the role that software and design is playing to define every aspect of the design, development, use and sales of cars and transportation services.
Today, CloudMade is an expert in the design, development and delivery of artificial intelligence based solutions for automotive dedicated to delivering CloudMade’s promise of excitement through simplicity. With over 70 POCs completed, 8 OEM customers spanning North America, UK, France, Germany and Japan, CloudMade has global ambitions with a global foot print to match.
Driven by fantastic products, the latest technology and outstanding people, CloudMade has developed a business and a culture, which match the huge ambitions of the company. In 2016 CloudMade announced a major strategic investment from Valeo to further grow their business, strengthen existing product lines and launch new ones. 2019 will see CloudMade launch several major new product lines as well as announcing new customer wins.
About the Role
Work with developers, project, product, operations, and data science teams to develop CloudMade’s products. Check that each product is scalable, deployable, reliable, supportable, open for integrations and is regulatory compliant. Provide the following artifacts: white papers, customer studies, recommendation on infrastructure, and technical product roadmap.
Support sales and pre-sales program teams.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and define architecture and processes
- Review software design and codes
- Participation in different projects as a Lead Architect/Technical Expert
- Communicate with prospective clients (including at the senior VP level) to understand their needs, expectations, goals, and constraints
- Understand the customer’s architecture and constraints
- Determine how CloudMade’s products fit the customer’s architecture and constraints
- Advise and consult potential customers on service and solutions capabilities
- Actively contribute in workshops and meetings, both online and in face-to-face customer sessions
- Develop solutions architectures according to CloudMade’s products and the customer’s needs
- Contribute to the definition and costing of Statements of Work.
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate that includes:
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Sport compensation
- Parking/transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and professional development
- A challenging role within a performance based culture in which you will be surrounded by dynamic, entrepreneurially minded colleagues.
- 8-10 years technical experience, including 5+ years of architecture/tech lead/engineering management roles
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science
- A solid understanding of:
- At least two different tech stacks
- Two or more programming languages, one of which is C++
- Software design principles
- Experience with distributed Agile development and engineering practices
- Hands-on user experience of architecture planning, project planning, presentation and document creation tools
- Experience with project planning, estimation and management of ‘On-time, On-budget, On-spec delivery
- Fluent English (both written/spoken)
- Willingness and natural inclination to open active communication
- Experience in driving project stakeholder communication, including prospects, clients, and third-party vendors
- Experience in the technical sales (presales) process, including:
- Participating in sales meetings alongside sales teams
- Helping sales teams explain the technological aspects of services and product offerings
- RFI/RFP analysis and proposal preparations, including fixed-price project proposals
- Scope assessment, development effort estimation and delivery schedule definition.
Considered as a plus:
- Working within R&D projects
- Experience in:
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- IoT or Automotive
- Business development (as a freelancer, owner)
- A passion for automotive products.