CloudMade is the catalyst of change in the connected car industry. For decades, cars have served the same purposes with the same interaction models and same business models. Now all of that is changing. The new era of connected cars is challenging and reshaping an industry. From electric vehicles to car sharing to on-demand taxis, multi-modal transportation and self-learning cars, CloudMade’s products are at the center of a new type of mobility.
Our products enable a vast number of connected car use cases ranging from personalized search to chassis customization to mobility apps to radically re-thought navigation. For too long the driver has been expected to learn how to use the car. We’ve flipped that idea on its head. Using CloudMade’s software, the connected car learns about the driver, customizing every imaginable aspect of the car experience – from the tires to the screens in the cabin.
CloudMade’s leadership team is made up of industry veterans with startup and corporate successes behind them at companies like Psion, Microsoft, Macromedia, Oracle, Libratone, Harman-Kardon. We have offices in Menlo Park (California), Munich (Germany), London (UK) and Kyiv (Ukraine).
About the Role
We are looking for a Regular/Senior Java Engineer to become a core member of our new projects. You will handle the entire product development or a significant part. You will work closely with the customers and the team, determine the product functionality, define the architecture, and estimate the overall work.
Compensation and Benefits
CloudMade offers competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as intellectually & creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 3+ years of working experience in Java/J2EE development
- Strong Java core and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of OOP/OOD, architecture and design patterns
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong communicator that works independently as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge of HBase and Hadoop will be a big plus
- Experience with Cloudera/Hortonworks/MapR will be a big plus
- Upper Intermediate spoken and written English