CloudMade is the catalyst of change in the connected car industry. For decades, cars have served the same purposes with the same interaction models and same business models. Now all of that is changing. The new era of connected cars is challenging and reshaping an industry. From electric vehicles to car sharing to on-demand taxis, multi-modal transportation and self-learning cars, CloudMade’s products are at the center of a new type of mobility.
Our products enable a vast number of connected car use cases ranging from personalized search to chassis customization to mobility apps to radically re-thought navigation. For too long the driver has been expected to learn how to use the car. We’ve flipped that idea on its head. Using CloudMade’s software, the connected car learns about the driver, customizing every imaginable aspect of the car experience – from the tires to the screens in the cabin.
CloudMade’s leadership team is made up of industry veterans with startup and corporate successes behind them at companies like Psion, Microsoft, Macromedia, Oracle, Libratone, Harman-Kardon. We have offices in Sunnyvale (California), Munich (Germany), London (UK) and Kyiv (Ukraine).
About the Role
Connected car business is booming, and we are looking for a Regular/Senior Data Scientist to join CloudMade growing R&D who love to delve into large spatial, temporal and social datasets to extract meaning and answer complex, open questions. You will get a freedom of choice over the tools you use, an environment in which you will grow professionally – and the chance to innovate.
- Work closely within a team to define required data and methods to solve a given problem
- Develop efficient code that can drive innovative analyses of large datasets
- Perform exploratory analysis of datasets and communicate the results
- Answer questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on the available data sources
- Take a self-motivated approach to your work
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning
- Comfortable with applying descriptive statistical methods and tools
- Excellent presentation/communication skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Solid math skills
- Good experience with deep learning
- MS degree in AI, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science or a related subject
- Programming skills – Python, R
- Experienced in programming on C++ or Java
Would be a plus:
- PhD in AI, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science or related
- Experience with MapReduce technologies (Hadoop, HIVE)
- Familiarity with NoSQL datastores such as HBASE
- Able to build meaningful visualizations of results
- Experience with data-mining methods and technologies
- Previous work with automotive or IoT data analytics
- Previous work on open source projects
Compensation and Benefits
CloudMade offers competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as intellectually & creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.