CloudMade is the catalyst of change in the connected car industry. For decades cars have served the same purposes with the same interaction models and same business models. Now all of that is changing. The new era of connected cars is challenging and reshaping an industry. From electric vehicles to car sharing to on-demand taxis, multi-modal transportation and self-learning cars, CloudMade’s products are at the center of a new type of mobility.
Our products enable a vast number of connected car use cases ranging from personalized search to chassis customization to mobility apps to radically re-thought navigation. For too long the driver has been expected to learn how to use the car. We’ve flipped that idea on its head. Using CloudMade’s software the connected car learns about the driver, customizing every imaginable aspect of the car experience – from the tires to the screens in the cabin.
CloudMade’s leadership team is made up of industry veterans with startup and corporate successes behind them at companies like Psion, Microsoft, Macromedia, Oracle, Libratone, Harman-Kardon. We have offices in Sunnyvale (California), Munich (Germany), London (UK) and Kyiv (Ukraine).
About the Role
We are looking for a Middle Python Engineer to join us and work on the backend application which is used for integration, processing, storing and distributing the geographical data to connected cars and embedded devices on demand.
You will get a great chance to be involved in developing the next major release of existing high-availability web application and migrate it into the containerized environment. You will be able to propose improvements and influence the architecture of the system.
Compensation and Benefits
CloudMade offers competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.
Qualification and experience:
- Upper-intermediate level in spoken and written English
- Solid knowledge of Python 2/3 and its ecosystem
- Experience with web frameworks and (Tornado, Flash)
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL (PostgreSQL)
- NoSQL databases experience (Redis, MongoDB)
- Experience with Test frameworks (unittest, py.test)
- Experience with Docker
- Hands on experience with Git
- Undertanding of Software Design, OOP, data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of REST API design principles
- Comfortable with following the PEP8 and writing documentation (rst, md, Confluence)
- Team playing attitude as well as ability to work and research independently