Over the next 10 years the auto industry will see more dramatic changes than the last 100 years combined. Central to this disruption is the role that software and design is playing to define every aspect of the design, development, use and sales of cars and transportation services.
Today, CloudMade is an expert in the design, development and delivery of artificial intelligence based solutions for automotive dedicated to delivering CloudMade’s promise of excitement through simplicity. With over 70 POCs completed, 8 OEM customers spanning North America, UK, France, Germany and Japan, CloudMade has global ambitions with a global foot print to match.
Driven by fantastic products, the latest technology and outstanding people, CloudMade has developed a business and a culture, which match the huge ambitions of the company. In 2016 CloudMade announced a major strategic investment from Valeo to further grow their business, strengthen existing product lines and launch new ones. 2019 will see CloudMade launch several major new product lines as well as announcing new customer wins.
About the Role
We are looking for a Java Engineer who will be responsible for creating data pipelines, defining data retention policies of huge sets of data (data from automotive buses), creating pipelines for data enrichment and defining connectors for different third party applications. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then implementing and maintaining them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with customers.
- Integrating any big data tools and frameworks
- Implementing ETL processes
- Monitoring performance
- Creating REST API for visualization tools
- Defining data retention policies.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least two years of working experience in Java/Scala development
- Strong knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Strong communicator who can work independently as well as in a team environment
- Upper Intermediate spoken and written English
Would be a plus:
- Strong knowledge of HBase and Hadoop
- Experience with the Cloudera ecosystem
- Experience with big data frameworks/storages is a big plus
- Experience at least two cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, IBM, etc.).
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate that includes:
- A competitive base salary with quarterly bonus
- Health insurance
- Sport compensation
- Parking/transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and professional development
- A challenging role within a performance based culture in which you will be surrounded by dynamic, entrepreneurially minded colleagues.