Over the next 10 years the auto industry will see more dramatic changes than the last 100 years combined. Central to this disruption is the role that software and design is playing to define every aspect of the design, development, use and sales of cars and transportation services.
Today, CloudMade is an expert in the design, development and delivery of artificial intelligence based solutions for automotive dedicated to delivering CloudMade’s promise of excitement through simplicity. With over 70 POCs completed, 8 OEM customers spanning North America, UK, France, Germany and Japan, CloudMade has global ambitions with a global foot print to match.
Driven by fantastic products, the latest technology and outstanding people, CloudMade has developed a business and a culture, which match the huge ambitions of the company. In 2016 CloudMade announced a major strategic investment from Valeo to further grow their business, strengthen existing product lines and launch new ones. 2019 will see CloudMade launch several major new product lines as well as announcing new customer wins.
About the Role
The Director of Engineering is responsible for delivering CloudMade Solutions that bring value to customers and drivers, and reach high quality standards. As an Executive Committee member, the Director of Engineering influences strategic decisions on CloudMade product and solutions development to accomplish the company’s mission.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Manage and develop the engineering team (fast growing team, currently ~60 people)
- Establish/Improve cross-functional cooperation that ensure efficient product and solutions development and delivery
- Manage resource planning for product and solutions development
- Contribute to long-term and short-term product and solutions planning and estimation
- Ensure that CloudMade products and solutions reach high-quality standards
- Build a relationship of mutual trust and respect within the team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Successful experience of leading engineering teams within product organizations
- Successful experience of building platforms and/or IP solutions
- Successful people management and development experience
- An ability to inspire teams and communicate with exceptional clarity and confidence
- Understanding and experience of modern web and embedded languages and processes
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related
- Strong sense of product, use cases and empathy with the end user
- Excellent communication skills in English and your native language
- Willingness and natural inclination to open and facilitate active communication.
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate that includes:
- A competitive base salary with quarterly bonus
- Health insurance
- Sport compensation
- Parking/transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and professional development
- A challenging role within a performance based culture in which you will be surrounded by dynamic, entrepreneurially minded colleagues.