CloudMade is the catalyst of change in the connected car industry. For decades, cars have served the same purposes with the same interaction models and same business models. Now all of that is changing. The new era of connected cars is challenging and reshaping an industry. From electric vehicles to car sharing to on-demand taxis, multi-modal transportation and self-learning cars, CloudMade’s products are at the centre of a new type of mobility.
Our products enable a vast number of connected car use cases ranging from personalized search, to chassis customization to mobility apps to radically re-thought navigation. For too long the driver has been expected to learn how to use the car. We’ve flipped that idea on its head. Using CloudMade’s software, the connected car learns about the driver, customizing every imaginable aspect of the car experience – from the tires to the screens in the cabin.
CloudMade’s leadership team is made up of industry veterans with startup and corporate successes behind them at companies like Psion, Microsoft, Macromedia, Oracle, Libratone, Harman-Kardon. We have offices in Sunnyvale (California), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Tokyo (Japan) and Kyiv (Ukraine).
About the role
You will take part in the design process and manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes for CloudMade. Cloudmade is a high growth company with offices in London (UK), Sunnyvale (CA), Munich (Germany) and Kyiv (Ukraine). You will manage systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform. You will interact with the development and DevOps teams for resolving ongoing issues and providing required technical support. You will participate in the building of tools and processes to improve and support the infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
CloudMade offers competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as intellectually & creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Mid-level in spoken and written English
- A thorough and applicable understanding of:
- Linux Operating System (Storage, Network, Process Management)
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing)
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies
- CI/CD concept understanding
- Extensive troubleshooting skills in system performance and network connectivity
- Experience in bash scripting
- Familiar with Version Control Systems such GIT/SVN
- Configuration Management systems understanding such Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt
- Experience with web servers such Nginx/Apache
- Experience in managing DBs such MySQL, Postgres
- Orchestration tools (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Python, Ruby knowledge
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability