Over the next 10 years the auto industry will see more dramatic changes than the last 100 years combined. Central to this disruption is the role that software and design is playing to define every aspect of the design, development, use and sales of cars and transportation services.
Today, CloudMade is an expert in the design, development and delivery of artificial intelligence based solutions for automotive dedicated to delivering CloudMade’s promise of excitement through simplicity. With over 70 POCs completed, 8 OEM customers spanning North America, UK, France, Germany and Japan, CloudMade has global ambitions with a global foot print to match.
Driven by fantastic products, the latest technology and outstanding people, CloudMade has developed a business and a culture, which match the huge ambitions of the company. In 2016 CloudMade announced a major strategic investment from Valeo to further grow their business, strengthen existing product lines and launch new ones. 2019 will see CloudMade launch several major new product lines as well as announcing new customer wins.
About the Role
The connected car business is booming and CloudMade’s R&D department is growing. So, we are looking for a Data Scientist who loves to delve into large spatial, temporal and social datasets to extract meaning and answer complex, open questions. You will have a free choice over the tools you use, an environment in which you will grow professionally and the chance to innovate.
- Work closely with a team to define required data and methods to solve a given problem
- Develop efficient code that can drive innovative analyses of large datasets
- Perform exploratory analyses of datasets and communicate the results
- Answer questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on the available data sources
- Have a self-motivated approach to your work.
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate that includes:
- A competitive base salary with quarterly bonus
- Health insurance
- Sport compensation
- Parking/transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and professional development
- A challenging role within a performance based culture in which you will be surrounded by dynamic, entrepreneurially minded colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Good knowledge of machine learning
- Comfortable with applying descriptive statistical methods and tools
- Good presentation/communication skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Good mathematics skills
- Experience with deep learning
- MS degree in AI, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science or a related subject
- Programming skills – Python, R, (C++, Java as a plus)
Would be a plus:
- PhD in AI, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science or a related subject
- Experience with MapReduce technologies (Hadoop, HIVE)
- Familiarity with NoSQL datastores such as HBASE
- Able to build meaningful visualizations of results
- Experience with data-mining methods and technologies
- Previous work with automotive or IoT data analytics
- Previous work on open source projects
- Previous experience with image recognition.