CloudMade is the catalyst of change in the connected car industry. For decades cars have served the same purposes with the same interaction models and the same business models. Now all of that is changing. A new era of connected cars is challenging and reshaping an entire industry. From electric vehicles to car-sharing to on-demand taxis, multimodal transportation and self-learning cars, CloudMade’s products are at the center of a new type of mobility.
CloudMade’s products enable a vast number of connected car use cases ranging from personalized searches to chassis customization to mobility apps to radically re-thought navigation. For too long the driver has been expected to learn how to use the car. We’ve flipped that idea on its head. Using CloudMade’s software, the connected car learns about the driver, customizing every imaginable aspect of the car experience, from the tires to the screens in the cabin.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Engineer to become a core member of our new projects. You will work closely with data scientists, implement machine learning algorithms in an efficient way to be used in production, and be responsible for the implementation phase of the development. Once the data scientist finishes with research, you will be responsible for making it live. You would need to consider things that data scientists leave behind – performance, storage, architecture and designing the product API in a way that is efficient, maintainable and easy to use.
Compensation and Benefits
CloudMade offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 3 years of working experience in Java/J2SE development
- Strong Java core and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of OOP/OOD, architecture and design patterns
- Strong communicator that works independently as well as in a team environment
- Understanding of Hadoop (experience with Cloudera/Hortonworks/MapR will be a big plus)
- Understanding of ML tasks and approaches
- Being able to write efficient code
- Experience with HBase is a big plus
- Experience with Big Data frameworks/storages is a big plus
- Experience working with Python ML libraries (scipy, numpy, scikit-learn) is a big plus
- Upper Intermediate spoken and written English.