CloudMade is the catalyst of change in the connected car industry. The connected car market is undergoing dramatic change both in the technologies that underpin it and in the impact it has on users and society. For decades cars have served a narrow set of purposes with the same interaction models and same business models. Now all of that is changing with the advent of electric vehicles, car sharing, on-demand taxis, multi-modal transportation and the use of machine learning to make both cars and the systems that support them smarter.
Our products enable a vast number of connected car use cases ranging from personalized search, to chassis customization to mobility apps to radically re-thought navigation and driver wellness. For too long the driver has been expected to learn how to use the car. We’ve flipped that idea on its head and expect the car to learn how to support the driver.
CloudMade’s leadership team is made up of industry veterans with startup and corporate successes behind them at companies like Psion, Microsoft, Macromedia, GM, Oracle, Libratone, Harman-Kardon. We have offices in Sunnyvale (California), Munich (Germany), London (UK) and Kyiv (Ukraine).
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Engineer to become a core member of our new projects. You will work closely with data scientists, implement machine learning algorithms in an efficient way to be used in production, and be responsible for the implementation phase of the development. Once the data scientist finishes with research, you will be responsible for making it live. You would need to consider things that data scientists leave behind – performance, storage, architecture and designing the product API in a way that is efficient, maintainable and easy to use.
Compensation and Benefits
CloudMade offers competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as intellectually & creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 3 years of working experience in Java/J2EE development
- Strong Java core and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of OOP/OOD, architecture and design patterns
- Strong communicator that works independently as well as in a team environment
- Understanding of Hadoop (experience with Cloudera/Hortonworks/MapR will be a big plus)
- Understanding of ML tasks and approaches
- Being able to write efficient code
- Experience with HBase is a big plus
- Experience with Big Data frameworks/storages is a big plus
- Experience working with Python ML libraries (scipy, numpy, scikit-learn) is a big plus
- Upper Intermediate spoken and written English