Over the next 10 years, the auto industry will see more dramatic changes than the last 100 years combined. Central to this disruption is the role that software and design are playing to define every aspect of the design, development, use and sales of cars and transportation.
Today, CloudMade is an expert in the design, development and delivery of artificial intelligence based solutions for automotive. Driven by fantastic products, the latest technology and outstanding people, CloudMade has developed a business and a culture, which match the huge ambitions of the company. CloudMade recently announced a major strategic investment from Valeo to further grow their business within existing product offerings as well as new ones.
CloudMade’s leadership team is made up of industry veterans with startup and corporate successes behind them at companies like Psion, Microsoft, Macromedia, Oracle, Libratone, Harman-Kardon. We have offices in Sunnyvale (California), Munich (Germany), London (UK) and Kyiv (Ukraine).
Compensation and Benefits
- The opportunity to become a successful entrepreneur in a global company with a strong leadership team.
- The opportunity to work within a great company culture and with a globally dispersed team in an international environment.
- The chance to define and direct the value proposition of the technology your company creates, and to work on the cutting edge of the automotive industry.
- Flexible working hours.
- Attractive compensation.
About the Role
This is a compelling role where you’ll be the 360 degree owner of a major French OEM account. Your mission as Customer Solutions Director will start with identifying opportunities within the account, progress through evangelism and sell-in of CloudMade’s product portfolio and continue through the pre-development process with the customer. This unique role is a hybrid of product management, hands-on business development and account management. You will own the relationship with a customer and the sales forecast and work closely with CloudMade’s teams to deliver stunning proof of concepts and demonstrators to the customer.
- Mix a compelling vision for the future of connected mobility with a detailed understanding of CloudMade’s product lines and a razor-sharp focus on delivering true value to the customer.
- Own the sales process for your account. This involves looking at forecasts, progressing opportunities into next steps in the sales process, taking phone calls and networking internally. To support you doing so, you will have access to a sales administration team, lead generation team and event marketing teams.
- Evangelizing into your accounts the value that machine learning and AI can bring to car makers and their customers.
- Work on statements of work and project proposals, and track the status of all projects, by interacting with product managers and other team members.
- Lead bid teams, which create project proposals as well as responding to customer RFQs / RFIs.
- Become one with your customer by developing deep empathy with their culture, their needs and idiosyncrasies.
- Be a mentor for associate customer solution product managers who are based in the Paris office.
- Own the entire P&L for your account related to pre-development.
- Travel onsite to the customer 5+ days every month to address unique needs and push all opportunities forward.
Qualifications & Experience:
- You have 5+ years of experience.
- You have proven product creation and leadership skills and you relish the opportunity to get out in front of your customers.
- You have been successful in business development or sales but you also want to influence the success of your customer after you make the first sale.
- You are excited about interacting with a wide range of people within the automotive customer’s advanced engineering and pre-development group.
- You are confident and convincing, and capable of interacting with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You have a very hands-on approach to building new business opportunities.
- Previous leadership or management experience.
- An entrepreneurial nature and a never give up attitude.
- Fluent in both French and English.
- Experience in product management related to UX and consumer-focused software and technology.
- Strong experience in account management, or at least experience working exceptionally close with account managers, or with the business development team.
- Automotive experience inside an OEM’s innovation team or with a supplier is a plus.
- Experience designing, evangelizing and bring to market AI-based solutions is a plus.