We’re looking for a
in London or remote
To plan, develop and implement commercial strategies that reflect CloudMade’s strategic objectives and priorities, with a focus on maximising:
- opportunities for profit
- generating revenue
- creating long-term sustainable growth.
The Commercial Director is a leadership position and will play an integral role in areas including sales, marketing, product and the development of ‘go to market’ strategies and will intimately understand the markets in which CloudMade operates.
The Commercial Director will be responsible for delivering existing commercial strategies and identifying new opportunities by ensuring market fit of products and services based on current trends and anticipated market developments.
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies aligned with company goals and objectives taking into account macro trends in the industry
- Creating detailed business plans based on commercial opportunities (and threats)
- Working with Sales Directors to manage existing client relationships as well as designing and implementing new customer acquisition strategies
- Working with Sales Directors to negotiate contracts with customers including making recommendations regarding commerciality
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities
- Collaborating with and coordinating. diverse teams (e.g. marketing, sales, product management, design)
- Monitoring performance of commercial activities using key metrics and reporting to the Board / Managing Director
- Assisting with setting, managing and monitoring financial targets and budget development.
Skills needed for this role:
- Strong commercial awareness
- Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Able to identify and advise on business partnering to develop strategic relationships to create opportunities and improve performance
- Able to gather and evaluate financial and non-financial information and, from that, prepare business plans and advise on the actions to implement these plans
- Able to identify and manage risk appropriately
- Applies professional and ethical judgement when engaging with all stakeholders (inc customers, colleagues etc).
- Proven experience as Commercial Director or other similar role
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven experience in developing and managing relationships with key clients
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience working in globally distributed environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and professional development
- A challenging role within a performance-based culture in which you will be surrounded by dynamic, entrepreneurially minded colleagues.
Over the next 10 years the auto industry will see more dramatic changes than the last 100 years combined. Central to this disruption is the role that software and design are playing to define every aspect of the creation, development, use and sales of cars and transportation services.
Today, CloudMade is an expert in the design, development and delivery of artificial intelligence based solutions for the automotive industry and we are dedicated to delivering CloudMade’s promise of excitement through simplicity. With over 70 POCs completed, 8 OEM customers spanning North America, UK, France, Germany and Japan, CloudMade has global ambitions and a global footprint to match.
Driven by fantastic products, the latest technology and outstanding people, CloudMade has developed a business and a culture which match the huge ambitions of the company. In 2016 CloudMade announced a major strategic investment from Valeo to grow their business further, strengthen existing product lines and launch new ones. 2021 will see CloudMade launch several major new product lines as well as announcing new customer wins.