CloudMade's technologies have been designed for a world in which:
- Location awareness is ubiquitous
- Internet connectivity is intermittent and expensive
- Content is heterogenous and fragmented
- Vehicle sensors create many gigabytes of data per minute
- Consumers expect highly personalized experiences
Ubiquitous Location. Intermittent Connectivity.
Cars, smartphones, watches, glasses share a few things in common. They all know their location and they all suffer from intermittent internet connectivity. Whether caused by a mobile network blackspot, a congested network or a dropped tethered connection, intermittent internet connectivity negatively impacts the end user experience. CloudMade's technologies are built with the assumption that internet connectivity is intermittent and expensive.